Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems have become crucial for managing business operations, from finances to inventory and document storage. Over the years, with the advancements in technology, cloud-based ERP and CRM systems have become the norm. A cloud-based ERP system offers numerous benefits, including lower costs, improved flexibility, workflow automation, and easier scalability. In this quick explainer, we’ll explore the benefits and steps of ERP cloud migration.
Why migrate to the cloud?
Traditional on-premise ERP systems can be expensive to maintain and upgrade, as well as being limited in their real-time capabilities and flexibility. On the other hand, cloud technology is more budget-friendly and provides businesses with tougher cybersecurity as well as greater project management and scalability. By undertaking a migration project to move your ERP system to the cloud, you can reduce your IT team’s infrastructure costs, optimize your business agility, and increase your (safer) access to data.
Cloud ERP Setup
A cloud environment doesn’t appear overnight, though with the right cloud migration strategy — nowadays, expertly implemented by most SaaS companies — your on-premises solution can be converted to a hassle-free cloud platform in a matter of weeks. When beginning this change management process, you can start by:
- Evaluating your current ERP system: Before migrating to the cloud, it’s essential to assess your current ERP software and determine which areas need improvement. This evaluation will help you determine the right cloud solution for your business.
- Choose a cloud solution: Choose a cloud-based ERP solution that fits your business requirements. Look for a solution that offers robust security features, scalability, and flexible deployment options.
- Plan the migration: Once you have chosen a cloud solution, it’s time to plan the migration — which, again, will often be taken on by most SaaS companies as part of their subscription terms. They’ll work with your team to create a detailed migration plan, identify the resources required, and determine the timeline for the migration.
- Data migration: The next step is to migrate your data to the cloud. This process involves transferring all your data, including financial records, customer information, and vendor data, to the cloud. (PairSoft’s is encrypted at-rest and in-transit, so your data is always protected.)
- Test the system: After migrating the data, it’s essential to test the new cloud-based ERP system to ensure that it works as expected. This includes testing the security, functionality, and performance of the system.
- Implement the solution: Once the testing is complete, it’s time to implement the cloud-based ERP solution. This involves setting up the infrastructure, training users, and deploying the solution to the production environment.
- Ongoing support and maintenance: After the implementation, your contracted cloud or SaaS vendor will provide ongoing support and maintenance to ensure that the system continues to meet the business requirements, thereby reducing the workload of your IT team so that they can focus on more strategic initiatives.
While this simplified roadmap may seem time-consuming, it’s a quick, professional-led process with some pretty invaluable rewards.
ERP cloud migration is a significant step for organizations looking to improve their business scalability and reduce costs. By choosing the right cloud solution and following a structured migration process, you can reap the benefits of cloud-based ERP systems and improve your competitiveness as well as your team’s user experience.
Are you looking for a cloud solution that works with your ERP? PairSoft’s natively integrated cloud-based solutions sit in your ERP window to provide you with all the rewards and none of the hassle of workflow automation. Get a demo today.